The fashion runway is where you can find the most current styles and designs, and admire daring choices made by designers!
The hardest thing for me as an avid consumer of fashion is how to translate these eye catching looks and make them every day wearable!
Here is one of our favourite trends from the Spring /Summer 2018 runway shows that we WISH we could wear every day, PLUS a quick hair tutorial to help you recreate the hair look that you CAN wear every day!
Oversized Jewelry with Simple Sleek Hair
We are still obsessed with this look from Givenchy in 2012 and 2014 with the oversized nose rings, and of course when Kendall Jenner donned a earring-nose ring combo in the latter year! Either they never left and have been lying quietly in wait, or this year they can be penciled in for a comeback!
We love the jewelry on the models from Naeem Khan’s SS18 collection showcased in London and Malaysia Fashion Weeks, with floral accents in the hair and simple makeup, keeping the look pretty and feminine.
Our favourite pairing is Fernando Alberto Atelier’s SS18 collection, where soft floral prints and flowing clothes balanced the bold statement of large nose rings and oversized neck accessories. The hair is sleeked back and away from the face, the Style the Runway Hair Care team of hairstylists executed a look that is perfectly done-and-undone, with light texture in the hair, paired with a strong side parting and a sleek gelled look!
- To recreate this look start with straight blow dried hair. Use Fresh Pressed Blow Dry Lotion by Style the Runway for a blow dry that is faster and frizz free!
- Create an extreme side part on the left side, using the side of the eyebrow as a guide; for thicker hair make the part less severe to avoid unwanted volume!
- Dispense a quarter size amount of Liquify Botanical Styling Gel into the palm of your hands and apply through the front of the hair, only at the roots. Comb or brush down smooth in place.
- Take the Overdressed Firm Hold Spray and mist over the hair to lock in the style! For thicker hair, apply a couple of silver or gold bobby pins on the sides to hold your hair down flatter and add some extra style!
Use code NYFW for a complimentary discount on Style the Runway hair products!
When to wear this hairstyle?
- Heading to the beach? No one will believe how perfect your hair looks all day!
- Are you wearing an awesome outfit with lots of detail like the floral look from Fernando? This hair look helps tone it down and balance the bold statements on the clothes.
- Keeping it simple – a sleek hair look with a smoky eye, and a little black dress is always in style, and you can never go wrong and will always be a trendsetter!
- Day-to-night – simple and straight in the office during the day, then sneak off to follow the above steps in the ladies room before you head out of a drink or to meet your beau! A quick and easy style change for any fashionistas!
Photo credits/Reposting: Instagram/Getty Photos/Logan for Style the Runway Art Hearts Fashion - Angel Orensanz Center Make Up April Love Pro Make Up Academy Hair for Fernando: Lead by Woody Michleb for Style the Runway